Marine Parts & Accessories
Mercruiser Precision Parts keep your engines
in good, safe operating condition.
Insist on ONLY Mercruiser Factory Parts!
We have tune-up kits, points and condensors for every
Mercruiser Sterndrive and Inboard Engine made.
Here are a few simple tune-up tips.
1. Always set your dwell (points) BEFORE setting your timing.
2. Apply dielectric grease to the distributor cam or the points will fail fast.
3. Make a note of you firing order BEFORE the tune-up.
5. Make sure you have the correct engine specifications.
6. Use White Out to mark your harmonic damper timing line.
7. Use care installing a ThunderBolt Sensor wheel! Don't bend any tabs.
The ignition module is the "heart" of the Mercruiser Thunderbolt Ignition System.
For the most part, each model engine has a different ignition module.
The module controls idle timing, timing advance and limits the engine's RPM
to a safe level.
Keep the module dry and clean and inspect the plug for corrosion.
It is actually very rare for a module to fail.
Most Thunderbolt Ignition failures are the result of a faulty or
damaged sensor module which is located in the distributor.
Never use the module from a different engine!
17316A2 Ignition Module Conversion Kit
(image not shown)
[Home][Email your Parts Request]